We consistently deliver highly personalized financial guidance through our defined process and meticulous attention to detail. We provide you and your family with a comprehensive 6 stage approach to help you cultivate and secure your financial health.
Stage 1. Our Orientation: Getting to Know You
First, we meet with you, your family and/or the significant people in your life that you want us to know about to discuss and understand your dreams, life vision, needs, goals, expectations and concerns.
During this meeting, we invite you to ask questions about our practice and our process. Education is the core to our business philosophy, so we invest time educating you at the pace you feel comfortable with. We want you to understand and apply these fundamentals for the betterment of your financial health.
We conclude by determining if we have a good fit to move forward. It is important that we assess our ability to add value to your situation and for you to feel comfortable with us so we can begin our mutually rewarding relationship.
Stage 2. Our Discovery: Data Gathering
Based on your current circumstances, we review and audit your current financial plan, if you have one, your complete financial health and balance sheet, rate of return assumptions, and time horizon, among other things. This insures that we completely understand your personal financial situation in great detail. As always, all information, including the fact that we have met with you, remains completely confidential.
Stage 3. Our Analysis: The Health of Your Current Financial Situation
We analyze the current health of your personal financial and investment situation relative to your dreams, life vision, goals, expectations, needs and concerns. We meticulously categorize and analyze your current investment holdings and factor in the impact of the following:
- Current investments
- Future investment contributions
- Pre- and post-retirement cash flow needs and funding obligations including education, vacation, auto, home and umbrella insurance, life insurance, long-term care insurance and health care
- Estate planning, gifting and related wealth accumulation issues (and advise your estate planning attorney accordingly)
- Retirement plan (401k, 403b, IRA) accumulation and distribution strategies
- Special tax considerations
Stage 4. Our Recommendation: Your Personalized and Comprehensive Wealth Management Plan
We present you with your Personalized Comprehensive Wealth Management Plan. We thoroughly review your Plan in person (preferably) or via telephone and are prepared to implement our recommendations for you at that time.
Stage 5. Our Value-Add Delivery: Implementation
Upon your approval, we implement your Personalized Comprehensive Wealth Management Plan. We pull together the team of experts necessary to seamlessly implement your plan and collaborate with these trusted advisors, lawyers and accountants. We give you and your advisors, if you so desire, a secure password-protected login to the Grooms Wealth Management System to provide 24/7 access to your up-to-date consolidated account information.Click Here to view a demo of the Grooms Wealth Management System.
Stage 6. Our Service: Ongoing Investment Monitoring and Rebalancing
We continually monitor your investments and financial health and keep you informed of anything that may require action. In so doing, we work proactively to:
- Review and monitor the performance of your investment portfolio and guide it through meaningful time horizons relative to your goals and risk tolerances. Our philosophy is that market cycles of 5, 7 and 10-plus year periods are significant and meaningful
- Monitor your portfolio assets to determine if they require rebalancing or reallocation and confer with you to obtain your approval
- Meet with you at an agreed upon interval, or as-needed basis, to review, update, monitor and measure your financial health. These meetings also include a thorough review of all important educational information and recent financial market commentary, delivered to you, of course, in accord with your own pace and interest preferences